WAYNE TRACE HIGH SCHOOL
Mrs. Sarah Franz
College Credit Plus: There will be a meeting on January 27th at 6pm in the Lecture Hall for those students in grades 6-11 interested in
taking a College Credit Plus class. At this meeting, we will talk about the requirements, hand out the required paperwork, discuss the
deadlines and go over how CCP works. On January 31st, our sophomores will have an opportunity to explore programs at Vantage. Vantage will also hold an Open House for parents and students on Monday, February 24th.
You can find more information about their programs and the Open House on the Vantage Career Center website.
Senior Info: There are a few scholarships already posted on the website. More scholarships will be coming through January, February
and March. Please keep looking for updates. Seniors will be receiving handouts with the available scholarships beginning in January when we have more of our local scholarships’ information.
Juniors will be taking the state funded ACT on February 25th in the morning. This is a great opportunity for our students.
Here is a quick senior year checklist:
- Work hard your senior year. This is not the last year of your education. Get ready for the next!
- Visit the colleges. Call admissions’ offices and make an appt or take advantage of open houses and other scheduled visitation days.
- Meet with college representatives who visit Wayne Trace.
- Apply as soon as possible to the schools you are interested in.
- Check deadlines for admissions and financial aid and scholarships.
- Prepare a resume of activities and accomplishments for those you ask to write recommendations. Give your recommenders sufficient information and time to fill out forms and write letters.
- Keep a file of all your correspondence with colleges.
- Apply for Financial aid by filing the FAFSA as soon as possible (after October 1, 2018.) You can get an FSA ID at any time. You will need this for the FAFSA
- Research scholarship opportunities and meet all deadlines.
HAVE A GREAT SENIOR YEAR!