WAYNE TRACE HIGH SCHOOL
Mrs. Sarah Franz
|Parents of students interested in taking a class for College Credit during the 21-22 school year, we will be having our annual College Credit Plus information meeting on Monday, January 25th at 6pm. It is still being determined if this will|
be in person or virtual. This meeting is required for parents of any student who wants to take CCP classes during the 21-22 school year even if they have already taken a class. At this meeting, all required paperwork will be distributed. They will discuss the new requirements for qualifications (due to COVID), deadlines, and how CCP classes affect college and high school gpa. It is encouraged that students attend as well. If you are unable to attend, you will need to contact Mrs. Franz for the link to watch the meeting and for the paperwork. Information will be updated on our website, the Wayne Trace JH/HS Guidance Facebook page, our daily announcements (available on the webpage), and will be distributed to the students via email.
Our Juniors will have an opportunity to take the ACT on the morning of February 23rd. This is a great opportunity for our students.Senior information: There are several scholarships on our website. More local scholarships
will be added through January and February. You can find this on the Guidance page on the high school site.
Here is a quick senior year checklist:
- Work hard your senior year. This is not the last year of your education. Get ready for the next!
- Visit the colleges. Call admissions’ offices and make an appt or take advantage of open houses and other scheduled visitation days.
- Meet with college representatives who visit Wayne Trace.
- Apply as soon as possible to the schools you are interested in.
- Check deadlines for admissions and financial aid and scholarships.
- Prepare a resume of activities and accomplishments for those you ask to write recommendations. Give your recommenders sufficient information and time to fill out forms and write letters.
- Keep a file of all your correspondence with colleges.
- Apply for Financial aid by filing the FAFSA as soon as possible (after October 1.) You can get an FSA ID at any time. You will need this for the FAFSA
- Research scholarship opportunities and meet all deadlines.
HAVE A GREAT SENIOR YEAR!