- Grover Hill Elementary Notice of Title I Program Criteria for 2022- 2023
The Title 1 Reading program is a school-wide, federally funded program to provide additional assistance
in reaching reading proficiency. The following criteria is used
to select students to participate in the Title 1 program:
- Reading Diagnostic score of "not on track "for grade level
- Standardized reading score of limited or basic in any given reading area
- DIBELS reading assessment indicating "at risk" in any given reading area
- Star Reading test indicating below grade level reading placement
- Teacher criteria checklist indicating classroom performance below expected level
- Kindergarten fall testing indicating "at risk" students
Students must qualify in at least two criteria areas to receive additional reading instruction by the
Title 1 teacher. Students receive an additional 20-30 minutes of reading instruction three or five
days a week from highly-qualified teachers.
Please check out our School Parent Compact and Parent Involvement Policy in the Title I folder
under Quick Links on our school's website. Should you have any questions, please feel free
to contact Mrs. Gordon or Mrs. Knoblauch at WTGHE.